This is from the VSE support page:

These releases will not run on z990, z890, z9 or z10 servers. However, for
transition purposes, a temporary patch may be available. Be aware, these
releases are unsupported and the temporary patch does not in any way
imply supported status. Use of unsupported releases is always at the user's
risk. If you are interested in running one of these releases on any of the
servers indicated, please contact the Z/VSE Team.

Billy