Ok, the Customer was instructed to open a PMH that day.
I didn't know the results... Something like "equipment was installed by
third part, no IBM support"... But it is another story...

Regards, Abraços,

 Clovis
 Pereira

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>

  |Alan Altmark <alan_altm...@us.ibm.com>

|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>

  |IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>

  |01/09/2010 15:36

|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>

  |Re: Unnecessary "/"cpdvd folder Was: Electronic Delivery - DDR or DVD?

|------------>
| Sent by:   |
|------------>

On Wednesday, 09/01/2010 at 10:49 EDT, gclo...@br.ibm.com wrote:

> About a year ago I have one problem installing zVM 5.4  (native LPAR),
into a
> Customer site.
> The problem was with the HMC keyboard: impossible to use the "Slash
key". Yes,
> no "/" available. No spare keyboard, no corrections found,  no keyboard
setup
> available, etc.
> The installation process needs to specify "/cpdvd" to start the
installation.
> The circumvention was copy the DVD to another, directly into the root,
without
> the folder "cpdvd". After it, the installation was done normally,
without
> specify any directory.
> My question: why to put the data on a "unnecessary" folder, inserting
one
> "point-of-fault"? Can you ask the development guys?

Did you open a hardware PMR?  (You know the old saying: "If a client has a
problem and the Support Center doesn't know about it, does the problem
really exist?")   We want to keep stuff in a particular directory; there's
nothing evil about that, even if it seems (today) unnecessary.

According to information I can find, Portuguese keyboards in Brazil have
the forward slash in the same location as the US, right next to the right
shift key.  If you had a Portuguese (Portugal) PC keyboard, it would be
shift-7  (the same place it's located on 3270 keyboards).