Wishing you the very best. Thanks again for all the advise through the years.
CG

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu]
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 10:48 AM
To: Charles Grady; IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU; alan_altm...@us.ibm.com
Subject: Moving on (please don't panic)

Effective September 16th, after nearly 28 years in VM Development, I am
moving to a new role as a member of IBM Lab Services and Training.   There
I will be part of the team that helps you, our clients, successfully bring
Linux to System z, both from a traditional consolidation perspective, as
well as exploitation of System z and z/VM's emerging technologies.

I don't make the move lightly or easily, but it serves both my own goals
and IBM's.  I will continue to reside in Endicott with my friends in
Development, I will still annoy them with questions, and I will continue
to exert my influence over product plans.  By being in Lab Services,
however, those questions and that influence will hopefully be the result
of deeper, more direct experience with you.

While I'm here, let me pause to again publicly thank my colleagues for
their many years of support.  They always have taken the time to educate
me (over and over sometimes!) so that I can pass that knowledge on to you.

I will continue to hang out here and I will still see you at conferences.

What *will* change?  Well, I'll be on the road more, so you'll get fewer
near-real-time answers from me on the listservers.  (sigh)   Oh, and I'll
be making more recommendations that you get a Services contract with Yours
Truly and the Chuckster to help you.  (Hmmm.... do I get to charge twice?)
  :-D

See you in the funny papers.

Alan Altmark
IBM z/VM Development (for 14 more days)

GDOL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This transmission may contain confidential
information protected by state
or federal law.  The information is intended only for use consistent with the
state business discussed in this
transmission.If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or the taking of any action based on the contents is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this
transmission in error, please delete this email and notify the sender
immediately.Your cooperation is
appreciated.