We have FICON CTCs in production and the look like 1 address per system .
Collection of 6 system means each system does 5 CP ACTIVATE xxxx  and 5 things
show up in the Q ISLINK.

We just replaced some ESCON CTCs with FICON CTCs in a development collection of
3 systems.
The only way it would work is 2 addresses per system (and in and an out) (so 4
total on each system).  So it looks something like this:

q islink
Link: FD10               Type: CTCA
     Node:  TD6VM        Bytes Sent:          53317
     State: Up           Bytes Received:      53076
     Buffer Count:  16   Status: Idle
Link: FDA0               Type: CTCA
     Node:               Bytes Sent:          19667
     State: Down         Bytes Received:      19454
     Buffer Count:  16   Status: Idle
Link: FE10               Type: CTCA
     Node:               Bytes Sent:          18531
     State: Down         Bytes Received:      23217
     Buffer Count:  16   Status: Idle
Link: FEA0               Type: CTCA
     Node:  TEFVM        Bytes Sent:          44940
     State: Up           Bytes Received:      44940
     Buffer Count:  16   Status: Idle

And while it says State: Down on the ones with a blank Node: ,  clearly it's
not since the byte counts keep increasing...

So what I think we have created a 2 lane road instead of a single...

I can't find anything in the 5.4 doc that suggests it will work like this.  But
clearly it is working...

This is 5.4 at RSU 1002 + some SPEs.

Marcy Cortes

Operating Systems Engineer, z/VM and Linux on System z
Enterprise Hosting Services, Mainframe/Midrange Services

Wells Fargo Bank | 201 3rd Street | San Francisco, CA 94103
MAC A0187-050
Tel 415-477-6343 | Cell 415-517-0895

marcy.d.cor...@wellsfargo.com

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are
not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not
use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any
information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for
your cooperation.