From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 6:30 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: DEVICES Statement in SYSTEM CONFIG

Hi

On my system all of the devices come online at IPL time. So if I only want
certain devices to come online on certain LPARS can I do something like this
where since all of the devices come online at IPL can I vary them all offline
and then come back and issue the online command for only the volumes I want
online for this LPAR.

If there is a better way please by all means let me know!

Thanks

Devices ,
  OFFLINE_AT_IPL   0000-FFFF

 Online_at_IPL 037B 5100-512E 5130-5179 5195 5198-519A 519C-519F,
               51A0-51AE 51B0-51FF 5400-5403 5500-5507

Thank You,

Terry Martin
Lockheed Martin - Citic
z/OS and z/VM Performance Tuning and Operating Systems Support
Office - 443 348-2102
Cell - 443 632-4191

[cid:image002.jpg@01CB4B96.131434A0]