Thank you Brian, John and Stephen. Your suggestions have pointed me in
the right direction!

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Brian Nielsen
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 2:15 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: DEDICATED DASD - How to backup?

As a stop gap you could change the DEDICATE's to MDISK with the DEVNO
option.

A minor variation would be to put all the MDISKs with DEVNO in a new
placeholder userid and change the guests from DEDICATEs to LINKs.
Having

all the DEVNOs in one place may make administering them easier.  YMMV.

In either case, now they are MDISKs for HiDRO.

Brian Nielsen