As long as your L2 system doesn't have the disks attached for your z/OS and
Linux guests, they will fail to start, so no issues with corruption.
 However I would probably use NOAUTOLOG just to be safe.

TCPIP will need to be changed, at least the IP address, before starting it
up.  Defining GRAF and dialing to the guest is the way to go until you
modify TCPIP.

Not sure what you mean about defining the DASD volumes in the L1 directory.
 If you are dedicating the devices, then you don't need to specify the
volsers.  If you are using minidisks (full or partial) then you have to
define them for the 2nd level to find them.

--
Mark D Pace
Senior Systems Engineer