I don't know any "BFS for Dummies". The OpenExtensions User's Guide is a
pretty good
introduction, if you can find time to read it.

BFS is just the Unix/Linux file system, so any book on Unix/Linux (aimed
at users, not system
administrators) should cover it. Specifically OpenExtensions (nee OpenEdi
tion) is a POSIX subset of
Unix so you could perhaps look for POSIX in the title.

I learned from UNIX For Programmers And Users by Graham Glass, which is a
 good book. I see on
Amazon that it has a third edition in print, now with Graham Glass and Ki
ng Ables as authors.

That won't tell you anything about CMS's particular implementation of the
 Unix file system.The
only place to find that is in the IBM Manuals.

If you wanted to tell us what problems you are having, I'm sure there are
 people on this list who
can help you.

Alan Ackerman
Alan (dot) Ackerman (at) Bank of America (dot) com

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 12:42:25 -0400, Jim Bohnsack <jab...@cornell.edu> wro
te: