Ok, I see now.  Yes, we should probably have put a
caveat on that, and I think the confusion is partially
because everything Bill says in the presentation isn't
on the chart.  There are two separate factors:

We have indeed run experiments with sizes greater than
512GB internally, but those experiments were run with
an unpublished modification to the initialization code,
removing the cap enforcement, just to "see what would
happen".

Also, that portion of the chart is referring to
the maximum LPAR size on the particular machines,
which is an entirely different question than where
the size capping is enforced, but since they're
both in "unsupported territory", it would perhaps
be confusing and too much detail to cram all on the
existing chart.

Bill tells me this is an older version of the chart.
He will try to get the most current one out there
today, and correct some of the concerns raised here.

- Bill Holder, z/VM Development, IBM Endicott

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 15:07:29 -0600, Scott Rohling <scott.rohl...@gmail.co
m>