From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of George Henke/NYLIC
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 12:13 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: [IBMVM] Migrating Maintenance to Level 1 Minimum

I need to move maintenance from Level 2 to Level 1:

Level 1 is 540RES, 540W01, 540W02, 540SPL, 540SP2, 540PAG, 540PG2
Level 2 is 54XRES, 54XW01, 54XW02 54XSPL, 54XSP2, 54XPAG, 54XPG2

What is the least disruptive way to do this when:
* there is no tape,
* no additional volumes are available, and
* I need a fallback.

I do not believe I can simply IPL with the new CPLOAD, because I have the SDFs
in the SPOOL which I believe SES rebuilt when I applied the maintenance.

I could DDR the SPOOLs but then I would step on the Level 1 SDFs.

I suppose I could just point to the Level 2 RES, 54XRES and IPL at Level 1
instead of 540RES.

Would there be any changes needed if I did?