  From:       Dave Jones <d...@vsoft-software.com>

  To:         IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

  Date:       15/10/2010 16:47

  Subject:    ACF2 install question.

  Sent by:    The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

HI, folks.

I'm trying to install CA's ACF2/VM ESM into an existing z/VM 5.4 system,
and I've run into a bit of a problem. When z/VM 5.4 was initially
installed, the "install into the SFS" option was used; that is, all of
the base, local, object, etc. files were installed into SFS directories
instead of onto minidisks owned by MAINT. The ACF2 install instructions
only show how to update and rebuild the CP nucleus, however, wen it is
installed onto minidisks.

Since I do not consider myself a VM/SES-E expert (especially on things
like PPF file overrides), I was wondering if anybody has done this
before and would be willing to share how they did it.

Thanks and have a great weekend, too.
--
Dave Jones
V/Soft Software