Here my QREASON EXEC, it looks in the online help, fot both the specific as
the command reasoncodes:
/* This exec extracts CSL reason codes from the help files and displays
   the reason's explanation on the console
    | format:  | QREASON reason <routine>                       |
    |  or:     | QREASON routine reason                         |
   If "routine" is not given, we only scan for common reasoncode
   Examples QREASON 95600 DMSCLOSE
            QREASON DMSCLOSE 95600
            QREASON 2000

11 Aug 1998: support the layout of DMSPURWU's reason codes
18 Aug 2003: support layout of DMSEXIST reason codes
  Written by: Kris Buelens IBM Belgium; 8 Jun 1998*/

address command

parse upper source . . myname mytype . syn .
parse upper arg reason routine .

if reason='' then call ErrExit 5,'Reasoncode to explain missing',,
   'Format is:' myname 'reason routine'

if Datatype(reason,'A') & Datatype(routine,'W') then
   parse upper arg routine reason .

if ^Datatype(reason,'W') then call ErrExit 5,'Reasoncode "'reason'" not',
   'numeric','Format is:' myname 'reason routine'
reason=right(reason,5,0)

found=0
scanned=''
If routine<>'' then do
   Found=ScanHelp('ROUTINE' routine,'Routine' routine)
   Scanned='in routine' routine
end
If ^found then do
   Found=ScanHelp('ROUTINE REASCODE','Common Reason code')
   if Scanned='' then Scanned='in common reasoncodes'
                 else Scanned=scanned 'nor in common codes'
end
If ^found then Call ErrExit 55,'Nothing found for reason' reason scanned,

exit

/*-----------------------------------------------------------------*/
ScanHelp: /*                                                       */
/*-----------------------------------------------------------------*/
  'PIPE (end ?) COMMAND HELP' arg(1) '(ERROR NOSCREEN',
   '|   FromLABEL  +----------'||,
   '|   FROMTarget PICK W2 == /Severity/',
   '|   FROMTarget PICK W4 == /Reason/',
   '|   FROMTarget PICK W6 == /Description/',
   '|   VAR FoundStart',
   '|   FromTarget LOCATE W4 /'reason'/',
   '|   ToLABEL  +----------'||,
   '|O: FANOUT',
   '|   TAKE',
   '|   SPEC FS || /---' arg(2) '---/ 1 F2 strip nw F3 strip Nw /-/ nw',
   '|   PAD 73 -',
   '|I: FANIN',
   '|   CONS',
   '|   TAKE|COUNT LINES|VAR FOUNDIT',
   '?O:',
   '|   SPEC FS || F4 1| not chop 1',
,/*    '|   STRIP| JOIN * / /|SPILL 73', */
   '|I:'
 If rc<>0 then Say '+++ Help for' arg(1) 'not found ++++++'
 If symbol('FoundStart')<>'VAR' Then say 'HELP file' arg(1),
    'has layout not undestood by'  myname mytype
return foundit

ERREXIT: /* general errorexit routine */
 parse upper source . . myname mytype . syn .
 do i=2 to arg()   /* give errormessages (if any) */
    say myname':' arg(i)
 end
 exit arg(1)

--