Hello,Tom:
My suggestion:
Use the "Transfer Minidisk" (DIRM TMDisk) function of Dirmaint to change
the owner of each Mdisk. They must be defined as MDISK DEVNO.
On fly, manually, the supplier of the mdisk must  put it offline and do
the "DETACH mdisk" and the receiver must do "CP LINK * mdisk" before put
it online.
Both commands on each can be done by "ÇP SEND CP userid"
In next IPL, each userid will starts with the last directory
configuration, without further processing.
Clovis