Ian, I think your problem is in the way you defined your authorized
users. The AUTHFOR CONTROL file should look something like this:

ALL MAINT * 140A ADGHOPS
ALL MAINT * 150A ADGHOPS
ALL VSMWORK1 * 150A GOSHMADP
ALL VSMWORK2 * 150A GOSHMADP
ALL VSMWORK3 * 150A GOSHMADP

This tells DIRMAINT that user id MAINT is authorized to act on behalf of
all users on the system instead of just itself.

Hope this helps.

DJ

--
Dave Jones