Ah, Kris... you're not keeping up with SETDATE.  The latest SETDATE
HELPCMS file informs of syntax:

                                                       +-SHOrtdate-+
>>-SETDATE-+------+--+----------+--+------+--+------+--+-----------+--><
          +-fn-ft-+  +-dirname--+  +-date-+  +-time-+  +-FULldate--+
                  +  +-filemode-+  +-*----+  +-*----+  +-ISOdate---+
                                   +-=----+  +-=----+  +-EURopean--+

If no operands are entered, you will be prompted for arguments.
  Context

File System Management: SFS and minidisk

Purpose

Use the SETDATE exec to set the date of last update on an individual
file.

Parameters:

fn_ft - specify file name and file type of the file.  The file name
    is 8 characters and the file type is 8 characters long.  There
    must be at least one blank between the file name and file type.
    Note that the fn and ft will be uppercased.

dirname - name of the SFS directory containing the file.

filemode - file mode of the accessed minidisk or SFS directory
    containing the file.

date - a 5 to 10 character date attribute that is saved with the file.
    The date attribute is the date when the file was last updated.

    You can also specify "=" to retain the file date or
    specify "*" to use the current system date.

    Or you can specify one of these date formats:
    Or you can specify one of these date formats:
      SHOrtdate:  yy/mm/dd    or y/m/d
      FULldate:   yyyy/mm/dd  or y/m/d
      ISOdate:    yyyy-mm-dd  or y-m-d
      EURopean:   dd/mm/yy    or d/m/y
      EURopean:   dd,mm,yy    or d,m,y
      EURopean:   dd.mm.yy    or d.m.y

    where:
    yyyy, yy or y is the year
    (Note:  if the year length<3, the current century is used),
    mm or m is the month,
    dd or d is the day of the month.

    You must specify SHOrtdate, FULldate, ISOdate, or EURopean
    to match the date format, respectively.  The value is in local time.

    Forward-slashes (/) in dates may be entered as back-slashes (\),
    or exclamation marks (!) so that SETDATE may be easily executed
    from FILELIST.

    To have the system determine the date, you can Enter SETDATE
    without any parameters and then take the defaults when answering
    the questions.

time - is the time attribute that will be saved with the file.
     The time attribute is the time at which the file was last updated.
The
     contents of this variable must be specified in the form hh:mm:ss,
     where hh is the hour of the day in 24-hour notation, mm is the
     minutes, and ss is the seconds.

     You can also specify "=" to retain the file time or
     specify "*" to use the current system time.

     To have the system determine the time, you can Enter SETDATE
     without any parameters and then take the defaults when answering
     the questions.

SHOrtdate - indicates that the format of the date parameter is
    yy/mm/dd, where yy is the 2-digit year, mm is the month, and
    dd is the day of the month.

FULldate - indicates that the format of the date parameter is
    yyyy/mm/dd, where yyyy is the 4-digit year, mm is the month, and
    dd is the day of the month.

ISOdate - indicates that the format of the date parameter is
    yyyy-mm-dd, where yyyy is the 4-digit year, mm is the month, and
    dd is the day of the month.

EURopean - indicates that the format of the date parameter is
    dd.mm.yy where dd is the day of the month, mm is the month, and
    yy is the 2-digit year.

 Usage Notes

 Minidisk usage notes

 1.   The file must exist.

 SFS usage notes

 1.   The file must exist.
 2.   You cannot set the date on an empty file.
 3.   The directory does not have to be accessed.

 Example
    The date of 3 May 1996 can be shown as:
      SHORTDATE             96/05/03
      FULLDATE              1996/05/03
      ISODATE               1996-05-03
      EUROPEAN              03.05.96
  1.   The file must exist.

  SFS usage notes

  1.   The file must exist.
  2.   You cannot set the date on an empty file.
  3.   The directory does not have to be accessed.

  Example
     The date of 3 May 1996 can be shown as:
       SHORTDATE             96/05/03
       FULLDATE              1996/05/03
       ISODATE               1996-05-03
       EUROPEAN              03.05.96

Reason Codes

The following table lists a special reason code returned by SETDATE.
ERROR means the request failed.  Errors cause return code 8 or 12.

To get more information on other errors returned from SETDATE, enter:
    help routine rtnname    where rtnname can be:
    DMSEXIFI, DMSOPEN, DMSREAD, DMSWRITE or DMSCLOSE.

SETDATE can also return the common CSL reason codes, which are codes
that can occur with most file system management and related routines.
For a list of the common reason codes, enter:  help routine reascode

+--------+------+-------------------------------------------------------+

|Severity|Reason|Description                                            |

|        |Code  |                                                       |

+--------+------+-------------------------------------------------------+

|ERROR   |90350 |Incorrect number of blank-delimited tokens in the      |

|        |      |fn_ft or dirname (filemode) parameters.                |

+--------+------+-------------------------------------------------------+

Mike Walter
Aon Corporation
The opinions expressed herein are mine alone, not my employer's.

"Kris Buelens" <kris.buel...@gmail.com>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
12/30/2010 12:59 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Setting the datetime stamp on a file

The advantage of my FIXDATE EXEC (
http://www.vm.ibm.com/download/packages/descript.cgi?FIXDATE )
is that it accepts for example ISOdates, or = signs to leave date or time
to what it was.