I'm in the process of migrating our production LPARs from a z9 to a z10 and
I've found a bit of weirdness.  Since the z10 has been around awhile, I
assume this isn't anything new, but I wonder why it is happening.

I've found that a CMS minidisk that is created while on the z9, is readable
by a VM system on the z10.  However, if (from the z10) a fle is modified,
that file is no longer readable by the CMS system on the z9.
I get a DMSXIN104S error
code 3 when trying to read the file.  Moreover, if (from the z9), I try to
write a new file to the disk, I get a different error, and CMS crashes.
(All of these z/VM systems are the same by the way, z/VM 5.4.0 RSU 1001.)

I've always been able to share disks between systems on different processors
before, so I wonder what is different now?  I've got a z990 that I still
have to maintain and this is going to make life more difficult.

Martha