Hello list.  We are attempting to route some Linux traffic over HiperSockets
that we have defined.  The traffic flows in some directions but not all.  Here
is part of an email from the mainframe networking folks the describes the
problem...

We have hipersockets installed in all z/OS LPARS and in the z/VM LPAR.

We have also installed it in two z/Linux guests. (utlz0002 and utlz0003).

The z/OS LAPRS and the z/VM LPAR can now communicate to each other over the
hipersocket links without errors.

The z/OS LAPRS and the z/VM LPAR cannot communicate with the z/Linux guests.
.
The z/Linux guests can communicate with each other over the hipersocket link.

The z/Linux guests can also communicate with the z/OS LAPRS and the z/VM LPAR
over the hipersocket link.

Symptom:

A tcpdump from the z/Linux guest shows that a ping from a z/OS LPAR does arrive
from the hipersocket link however no response to the ping was sent.

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Brent Litster

Brent Litster
Zions Management Services Company
2185 South 3270 West
West Valley City  84119
(801) 844-5545
blits...@zionsbank.com

THIS ELECTRONIC MESSAGE, INCLUDING ANY ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTS, IS CONFIDENTIAL
and may contain information that is privileged and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are neither the intended recipient nor responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient, please note that any
dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any action in reliance
upon the message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately.  Thank you.