From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On Behalf
Of Mark Pace
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 10:52 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Defining FCP devices to z/VM

Define CHPID, Control Unit, and I/O Devices all as type FCP.

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Crabtree, Anne D
<anne.d.crabt...@wv.gov<mailto:anne.d.crabt...@wv.gov>> wrote:
I maintain one operating system configuration in z/OS HCD which includes my
z/OS lpars, as well as, my linux ifl.
If I want to access storage on a FCP device from the linux IFL, what,
specifically, do I have to add to HCD on the z/OS side? (just channel paths?)
What, specifically, so I have to add to SYSTEM CONFIG on the z/VM side?
(EDEVICE statements?)

Does anyone know if any of the SHARE sessions (in Anaheim) would help me
address this?

Anne D. Crabtree
System Programmer
WV Office of Technology Data Center