I have installed our z/VM 5.4 system (YAY!).  It came with RSU 5404 from

June 2009, so that’s what I installed.  It has not yet been migrated.

Now I read the part in the z/VM Program Directory that says, “…you sh
ould
see if you received the most current Stacked RSU available.  If there is
higher RSU available, or if you did not receive an RSU with your order an
there is now one available, you should order it and apply it when you
install z/VM.”

Well, since this is my first solo z/VM installation, I’m not quite sure

what I should do at this point to bring it completely up-to-date prior to

the migration steps.

Should I:

1. Order the latest stacked RSU (and then what… start over with the
installation?)
2. Order the PSP “buckets” for the three products we use whose SERVLV
L is
higher, and apply just that service?

Suggestions?

Be gentle... the expert at anything was once a beginner.  :)

Thanks.

Sherry E.