Is there a PIPE for Dummies book somewhere?

It seems to be a universal panacea and people, like Marcy here, just
magically pluck these things out of thin air as though it were common
knowledge.

Where are the "cheat sheets"?

Marcy Cortes <marcy.d.cor...@wellsfargo.com>
03/18/2011 05:16 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
VARY command update?

Happened to watch operations today in a disaster test...

Typing "vary on proc 01   vary on proc 02...    "
Is a bit tedious when you've got more than a handful.

How about a VARY ON PROC ALL ?

(Yes, I gave him a pipe command and yes we can do this in an exec), but it
would be nice if the CP command could do this.  Then they can look it up
in the IBM doc.

Marcy

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee,
you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message
or any information herein. If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this
message. Thank you for your cooperation.