On Friday, 03/18/2011 at 02:27 EDT, George Henke/NYLIC
<george_he...@newyorklife.com> wrote:
> I have the same minor nodes OM22VTAM under 2 different MAJORNODES,
A22OMMVS and
> A22KOOM1.
>
> The first MAJORNODE that is varied active activates the minor node and
the
> other minor node gets a STATUS of RESET.
>
> If I then want to flip them so that the ACTIVE one becomes RESET and the
RESET
> one becomes ACTIVE can I do it individually or do I need to VARY the
whole
> MAJORNODEs INACT and ACT.
>
> IOW is there a way of qualifying the VARY command with the MAJORNODE
name.

A VTAM question on IBMVM?  "Since before your sun burned hot in space, I
have awaited a VTAM question on IBMVM."

Too bad I can't answer it.  VTAM has the strange and wonderful UPDATE= and
SCOPE= operands.  I know that UPDATE= is capable of changing some of the
settings of an active node.  I presume your use of the same minor node in
two different major nodes is because they have different settings in each
one.

The folks on IBM-MAIN probably have a better answer.

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices