Hi

We are planning for a z196 Enterprise Processor. I was wondering specifically
about z/Manager. I know this is being touted as the Hub of this new Enterprise
Processor.  I also know that a lot of work on behalf of z/VM and z/Linux was
done in this area. I understand that z/Manager contains ensembles that allow
for z/VM and z/Linux workload management. It is suppose to have the look and
feel like WLM for z/OS.  This is something I have hoping for. Hopefully there
is meat with the potatoes!

What have been some of the experiences with z/Manager to date. Is it truly a
Workload Manager in the way of WLM on z/OS? What have been the experiences with
working with the HMC to control z/Manager? Is the HMC accessible via the
network, VPN etc.....?

Thanks!

Thank You,

Terry Martin
Lockheed Martin
CMS - CITIC
3300 Lord Baltimore Drive, Suite 200, 21244
Engineering Computing
Mainframe Support
Cell - 443 632-4191