Greetings,

We have a problem with OSPF/MPROUTE which could be some sort of I/O error (at
least that what the EZZ messages seems to indicate and what IBM has determined).

Has anyone used the DEBUG/TRACE with MPROUTE? It says in the TCP/IP Diagnosis
Guide for the trace/debug

1.      The -tn, -6tn, -dn, and -6dn options affect MPRoute performance. As a
result, you might have to increase the dead router interval on OSPF and IPv6
OSPF interfaces to prevent neighbor adjacencies from collapsing.

I haven't touched the dead router interval, so, it is the default of 40 seconds.

It doesn't appear that I can change this interval without restarted MPROUTE.

Also, I would like to do a SMSG MPROUTE for the debugging/tracing but how much
does this affect MPROUTE performance?

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks,

Mike Horlick