On Monday, 05/23/2011 at 08:52 EDT, Stefan Raabe
<stefan.ra...@deutsche-boerse.com> wrote:
> yes we tried that too, and now this is working.
>
> so now we use   NICDEF -> VSWITCH  with VLAN 001
>
> What i tried was NICDEF -> LAN -> VSWITCH with VLNAN 485  which did not
work,
> even when trying with VLAN 001.  Is this gerneral not possible? Is the
VM LAN
> for internal commuication only and can not be connected via
> VSWITCH to the outside world?!?

Please look at the diagrams in Chapter 4 of the z/VM Connectivity manual.
They illustrate the difference between the Guest LAN and the Virtual
Switch.

Guest LANs are isolated LAN segments.  Virtual Switches are bridged LAN
segments.

(Your problem with VLAN 1 vs. VLAN 485 is described in my previous post.)

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices