Steve,

Update MAINT's directory entry so that the MAINT 0190, and MAINT 019E
mdisk links are changed to: RR
(you probably have them as "MR" right now).

Unless maintenance is being applied, there is no reason (and many
disadvantages, one which you just experienced) to anyone having a write
link to MAINT's 190 and 19E disks, even MAINT itself.

Mike Walter
Aon Corporation
The opinions expressed herein are mine alone, not my employer's.

Steve Harman <steve.har...@mutualofomaha.com>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
05/26/2011 12:29 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
service all status ptf

I've noticed lately that if I use MAINT to query the status of a PTF using

the SERVICE ALL STATUS UMxxxxx command that it causes this problem for
users who then logon:

DMSACC724I 19E replaces Y (19E)
DMSACP723I Y (19E) R/O
z/VM V5.4.0    2011-05-26 08:00
DMSWSP100W Shared S-STAT not available
DMSWSP100W Shared Y-STAT not available

Rebuilding the CMS NSS fixes the error, but if I then use maint to query
another PTF status, it breaks again.

Nearly all of the USER DIRECT entries are set up to IPL CMS (instead of
IPL 190).  Have I gotten something out of whack?  I've applied RSU and
PTF's with no problem, PUT2PROD no problem.

It's more of an annoyance than anything and I'm sure it's something I've
inadvertently done or not done but I don't know what.

Thanks for any suggestions

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender
by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any
dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by
anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages
sent to and from this e-mail address may be monitored as permitted by
applicable law and regulations to ensure compliance with our internal policies
and to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to
be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or
contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate
with us by e-mail.