On Tuesday, 06/14/2011 at 01:30 EDT, David Boyes <dbo...@sinenomine.net>
wrote:

> I think that's why you'd have to force CP to dirty the page rather than
> doing it inside a virtual machine, especially with CP's own pages
> potentially written at startup. Probably only doable from inside CP
> itself, or at minimum, via manipulate of real storage rather than
virtual
> storage. There Be Dragons.
>
> Another project for my Copious Spare Time. Not.

And now you know why DRAIN MIGRATE doesn't exist.  :-)   As Bill Holder,
z/VM Memory Master, alludes, there are no data structures in CP that index
the contents of paging volumes.  You would have to traverse every users'
memory management data structures to find references to page slots on the
drained volume.  In short, "Eeeww."

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training