On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Michael MacIsaac <mike...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Rob,
>
>> You're being vague. What is on the business end of your connection?
>
> A SAPL screen.  So we do a:
>
> ==> IPL 200 CLEAR
>
> And z/VM starts to IPL. Press F10. With an emulator that has the large
> screen size, the session gets disconnected.

Buffer size of the 1st level TCPIP maybe?  Have you been able to do
very large writes already there?  I believe XEDIT of a wide file with
real content would show.

I just tried it myself with Tom Brennan's Vista TN3270.  SAPL forces a
24x80 formatted screen, and after PF10 the system console then is an
unformatted screen in default size. When OPERATOR is there, my XEDIT
session sees the 60x150 logical screen as well.

Rob