From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On Behalf
Of Lemuel Raciles Deza
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 7:54 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: z/VM network setup

Hi to all,

We're soon to be a z/VM shop with LINUX as guests. We are looking to  implement
VSWITCH layer2 support using OSA3. Is it recommended to share the VSWITCH OSA
with the TCPIP stack or use separate OSAs. Must they belong to the same subnet
or network? What would be the  recommended  best practices  design for z/VM
network?

All the help appreciated.

Warm regards,
Lemuel Deza

Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Riyad Bank. Finally,
the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
any viruses. Riyad Bank accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
/ error transmitted by this email.