dt
13:46:20 - Wednesday 10 Aug 2011
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 13:46:20

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On Behalf
Of Mike Walter
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 12:28 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: time used on Ready; prompt

"D T" on  a VM system?  I think not!  MVS (z/OS), yes - that's Display Time,
but never VM.
"Query Time" (abbreviated down to Q T) on VM, yes.  And it still works.

On VM "D T" is the abbreviation for Display (guest storage) Translated (in hex
and character form), which will be happy to display storage, translated, as in
cp d t
R00000000  03EC2000 85D39114 0E99A630 00000000 F6 *....eLj..rw.....*

On some past version, D T alone would display ALL the storage (memory) you had
access to, leading to a very, very long display (usually on the OPERATOR
console, since they are used to MVS commands).  I wrote a "D EXEC" for
OPERATOR's 191 disk, displaying the time and suggested that they use "Q T" from
then on.

Mike Walter
Aon Corporation
The opinions expressed herein are mine alone, not my employer's.