From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On Behalf
Of Mike Walter
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 11:03 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: A little help with a REXX coding issue

OK, re-reading your post, I copied/pasted the first exec into an EXEC (z/VM
5.4.0, CMS Level 24, Service Level 001).
It ran just fine, displaying:
TEST: Start -------------- 11 Aug 2011 10:57:54 ---------------------------
Test the highlite stuff HILITE ON HILITE OFF

FTPPERF: ==================================================================
FTPPERF: ---------- 11 Aug 2011 10:57:54 ----------------------------------
FTPPERF: No PERFSVM report pulled
FTPPERF: ==================================================================

Where the only highlighted text was "HILITE ON", and all the lines beginning
with "FTPPERF:".  Those were bold-faced and underscored in this reply.

Could the problem be in your 3270 terminal emulator?  We're using IBM's PComm.

BTW, it's considered a rexx "best practice" on CMS to include at the top of
your EXEC (unless there's a known reason to do otherwise:
  address command

Mike Walter
Aon Corporation
The opinions expressed herein are mine alone, not my employer's.