On Thursday, 08/11/2011 at 12:23 EDT, "Feller, Paul"
<pfel...@aegonusa.com> wrote:
>  Okay, this is interesting.  I change the EXEC to use the hex codes that
Mike
> is using and the stuff seems to work with the blank space in the say
command.
> I?m using IBM PCOMM and it failed with my original code on a mod4 screen
and a
> 3290 size screen.  I always run with extended attribute support turned
on.  For
> now I?ll continue my work using the different hex codes.  Thanks for the
help.

> hi='1DE8'x                               /* 3270 Hilite Char     */
> lo='1D60'x                               /* 3270 Default Char    */

The high-order 2 bits of the attribute value are set according to the
value of the low-order 6 bits; the 1DE8 and 1D60 are the architecturally
correct values, per the 3270 Data Stream Programming Reference.

The behavior of other bit patterns is undefined.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323
mobile; 607.321.7556