>>But if you have to keep a horse in the stable 24/7 other than
when it is being ridden because you feel you need to protect the mane and
tail - well, sorry, but I feel that this is actually abusive even though
probably well-meaning<<

Absolutely.... again I was not by any means condoning that sort of
treatment.  Myself, I prefer nature to artifice... well, I do like a
nicely-groomed horse, but I don't care for the extremes, like tail pieces
and shaved skin around the eyes of the Arabian to make the eyes look larger.

So much of what people do for animals is well-meaning but often not in their
best interests (the animals, that is).

Denise

Peicasa Art:  http://stores.ebay.com/Peicasa-Fine-Animal-and-Nature-Art
We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. Sir Winston
Churchill