--- In IceHorses@yahoogroups.com, "Wanda Lauscher"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This statement appeared in our provincial newsletter.
>
> "Horses can communicate how they are feeling by their facial
> expressions.  They use their ears, nostrils, and eyes to show their
> moods.  Beware of a horse that has flared nostrils and their ears
> back.  That means it might attack!"
>
> ....when Gusti is concentrating...he has his ears back.  Perhaps I
> should be wary of him ;)
>
> Wanda

Mules tend to put their ears back a lot, they come running at me
with their ears back, but it isn't aggressive, it's something I had
to get used to, but I might get away from a horse or mule who has
their ears "pinned" back, there is definitely something to that. I
also watch their nostrils, sometimes they look sort of tight and
pulled up when they are not feeling well, or if they are mad, or
confused, if you watch carefully you can see a calm look on their
faces versus a stressed look.

Kim