(non-sweater) through the summer.  Lives in Colorado with freezing winter
temps-seems very happy about that.  All blood tests seem normal so far.
X-ray showed some sand but very little and has been treated for.  Colic
started 7 months after moving here from Canada.  No history of problems

Kind of tough with these stoic ones, but I think many Icelandic's are at
least as stressed by "stuff" as other breeds, but just internalize it.
Based on what I've seen from the adjusting horses go through when they move,
I wouldn't rule out the move itself being a big factor.  I know some of mine
have taken a year or so to finally show their full personalities.  And the
anhydrosis?  I don't know much about that first hand, but I wonder if ANY
stress can exacerbate the tendency for ulcers, even an internal type stress
like an illness or odd condition...?  Maybe the combination of the move and
the anhydrosis?  I'm just throwing out guesses.

I hope he's better soon.

Karen Thomas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]