> I think I've read that too, Laree - the old what-ya-call-it cycle.   I don't
> use them TOO often, but I have to sometimes.

The eye drops you want to stay away from-the ones that cause the
redness 'rebound' effect are the ones that say 'gets the red out'.
Those have the vasoconstrictors that cause the problems with using
them too much.  The drops for dry eyes-especially the ones that are
preservative free are fine to use as often as one wants.  I like to
use the analogy that they do for your eyes what hand lotion does for
your skin.  It helps with the oil layer of your tears which is what
prevents the tears from drying off the eye too quickly.  Dry eyes
symptoms can include redness, burning, itching and watering (the eye
waters more because your tears aren't lasting on the eye-the eye gets
dry, gets irritated then waters).  Use the drops before they get dry
and irritated-like using lip balm to prevent chapped lips.

Sorry its late, behind in my mail.

Anna  (O.D. -optometrist)