On 2/7/07, Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> in that group.
>
> I think that's right.   But who on earth told Svertla's owner that they
> didn't need any feed?  No hay, nothing?  I don't think ANYONE told her that.
> She was just mean or crazy, and nothing anyone would have told her would
> have changed that.

what gets me--- as a person with a food/weight problem, I have always
tended to want to overfeed everything around me.  And the thought of
my animals standing hungry wondering where I am just KILLS me.  The
few times I had to be out of town til 10 or 11 at nite or even once i
think til 1 in the morning, I was just miserable thinking how my
horses were hungry and wondering where I was.  And when we were at the
boarding barn they hired a 14 year old kid one time to feed and he
would skip horses sometimes and I couldnt bear it, I would feed them
myself...  And the woman who had svertla was overweight....  I don't
see why she did not think animals needed to eat.  All her puppy mill
breeder dogs were bones too, and filthy, laying in diahreah.  She had
a large wire cage with a mother and six puppys so close to the dining
table it touched one corner and the puppies were laying in their own
mess, loose mess, and the poor filthy mom was coated in it.  My
husband said later he was just sitting there the whole time trying not
to vomit.  I am a pretty big slob but I do have my limits :)  i think
she must have been mentally ill, theres just no other explanation.  If
someone told me a horse didnt need to eat much---  oh well, I may as
well admit it!  Karen you told me Tivar didnt need grain or hay and he
was a real nice weight without it but I just cant stand the thought of
him and nasi standing there feeling left out when I feed and I have no
grass like karen, so I gove them hay and then at feeding time a little
handful of pellets or beetpulp.  I wish I had a seminole dealer close
by so I could give them a handful of haffy hoof every meal but I dont
but anyway... I know its ME, my issue and I imprint it on my animals.
Thank goodness my issue isnt to starve things!  yikes.
Janice
Janice--
yipie tie yie yo