after I pulled his shoes back in August 2005 in CA.   He was in a sandy
paddock and they looked like that the next day after just pulling the
shoes...just fell apart.  When I owned him, he was trimmed every 6 weeks for
shoes.  Before that, his owner did him every 8-9 weeks.   I'm guessing he
was shod ever since he left Iceland.

Oh...I somehow read that as being your new horse, not Starri.  Sorry!  Now
that I'm thinking about the right horse, I remember you'd tried him barefoot
once before, and that his feet fell apart.  I'm glad to see his feet are so
much better, without shoes.   I don't have an issue with horses wearing
shoes if they need them, but gee, I have twenty-five here, and not one wears
shoes.  Now, none are regularly ridden on really rough rocky trails, but we
rarely pull out the EZ-boots either.  Those are great pics for comparison
sakes.  Thanks for sending them.

BTW, what is the history and state of the new horse's feet?

Karen Thomas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]