On 2/17/07, Janice McDonald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Karen called Tivar "Tivver" rhymes with shiver but before I ever heard
> her pronounce it I was calling him in my mind "Tee-var" and thats what
> I call him, and my husband calls him "THE Teev",

We always pronounce it TeeVar. I got the name from a children's book about
Santa Claus and all the places he went before settling down at the North
Pole. For a while he was in Iceland and met a "god? wizard? named Tivar
which meant "mountain spirit".

I have googled "Tivar" and it seems it is an old norse god. I like the
Mountain Spirit better. We called him "
Mister T."

Ann