> I am about to turn 65.  I've been riding for 44 years.  Common sense would
> suggest that I probably won'y ride another 20 years, but I certainly intend to
> own at least one horse.
>
> Nancy

where I used to live for many years, I had to drive by a house on the
way home past an elderly woman who owned a horse.  She was very old,
stooped and bent.  Most days I would go by and she would be sitting in
a lawn chair under a tree holding the end of a long lunge line while
her horse grazed in the front yard.  She was obviously very devoted to
that horse.  I always said a prayer that the horse would either die
shortly after the old woman or that her children would be sure and
love it for her...  i told my daughter she would have to take care of
my horses after I am gone and she said "well make sure you leave
enough of an insurance policy so I can afford a place to keep them and
have enough money to make sure they are kept ok"  so I did :)
Janice--
yipie tie yie yo