--- In IceHorses@yahoogroups.com, "Judy Ryder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This article has several pictures to go along with it, a beautiful
mare with
> long mane, possible rain rot, curled feet, an x-ray of a 35-40 degree
> rotation.
>
> http://www.beautysequinerescue.org/GrannyJewels.htm

Interesting you posted this Judy.  Saddle Up is sponsoring Keith
Seeley to trim Granny Jewels in a couple of weeks when he comes down
here to do a clinic.   Nikki sent Granny a pair of his slippers and
some pads to get her more comfortable until Keith can get there.

The skin thing was, we think, an allergy not rain rot.  The feet are a
mess, but she's not rotated as much as the vet says - for some reason,
some vets measure from the hoof wall, not the boney column.  The poor
mare is in bad shape though and we're hoping we can get her
comfortable enough to continue in her role as Grandma for some time.

Please keep Granny Jewels in your thoughts and prayers.

Susan
Saddle Up