On 2/28/07, Robyn Hood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anyway, I have experienced what would be considered late growth, in many
> Icelandics, sometimes it is muscle development - widening in the chest and
> filling out through the body - and other times it is definitely growth in
> height.  I have seen them finish growing at 7 and it can be horses born in
> Iceland or here.

I went to a horse nutrition clinic last nite!  And what the person
said was that if a baby horse is given too much nutrition at an early
age they can grow too fast and develop tendon/bone probs as a result,
but if they are not given what they need it can slow and even postpone
growth.  I have three horses that grew up in a place where they ate a
home made diet that I dont believe was nutritionally sound.  The
horses from this mans farm aRE SORTA KNOWN TO GROW "LATE IN LIFE".
JASPAR GREW A WHOLE HAND FROM AGE 4 TO FIVE.    whoops did not mean to
hit caps.  anyway.  I wonder if there could be a connection to going
on a really great nutrition feed program and then subsequently, late
growth?
janice
--
yipie tie yie yo