--- Wanda Lauscher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There was a story on one of our local stations talking about a man
> in
> George shooting the worlds largest wild pig.
>
> I commented, "Men...why do they always have to shoot everything?"
>
> Kevin's response was, "Wanda if you saw that standing in your front
> yard, you'd shoot it yourself."
>
> I think he might be right.

We have a lot of wild boars here, infact boar hunting is a mainstay
in hawaiian culture and guys have their small toyota 4x4 pickups
(easier to get into places) with a dog cage usually with 5 dogs in
the back, they take real pride in hunting boar.....I only shoot
something when I have the time and energy to clean it out and store
it in my freezer....otherwise it just does not make any sense, a
waste of life......my Jack Russell has broken his leg with a wrangle
in the desert with a Big Boar, and he also got a boar tusk through
his leg once....he finally now won't get too close....but we see them
on our back roads here especially when we are riding...our Icelandics
 do not seem to mind...we watch the pigs as they go back into the
jungle, looking for avocados, papaya and nuts and whatever else they
can find.....because of the papaya they are very tender, actually the
best pork I have ever had is the wild pork here.

Storme

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.