Hi Karen

On 3/6/07, Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Are Icelandic horses REALLY fed herring in the winter in Iceland?  Or is
> that just another old story, maybe partly based in fact from prior years?

Well I have been in several barns in Iceland that had barrels of frozen
herring that they fed the horses, but I haven't been in Iceland for about 8
years.  Actually I know of other Icelandics that eat fish - the twins, Micky
and Julie Collins in Alaska, found that one of their domestic born mares
would eat the fish they feed their dogs.

Since fish meal would high in certain nutrients it isn't so strange that
they would eat fish.

Robyn
Icelandic Horse Farm
Robyn Hood & Phil Pretty