--- Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I, for one, would never buy an imported Icelandic, not knowing the
> big risk a horse coming into the eastern part of the USA has for
summer eczema.

> Frankly, I think it's rather cruel that people keep importing them,
knowing how high the chances are that the horses will suffer, when
domestic-bred horses (of all breeds) have very low risks.

 I love this breed, but if I had to choose between a TWH or QH, or an
Icelandic that had a 50+% chance of being miserable half the year,
I'd get another breed.  I'd miss the breed terribly if I had to give
them up, but I think it's not worth it to make a horse suffer just
for my selfish whims.

> Karen
> Karen Thomas

Karen~

Are you saying that imported horses have a 50% rate of SE?

I would like to see studies on that, as we have several imported
Icelandics, none with SE, and none of mine are suffering, they are
happy, riding, breeding, living out on huge pastures....and not
having to suffer the deep cold....

My Stallion is from Iceland, Sallys favorite mare, on of our
Geldings, who is a rehab, but not because of what happened to him in
Iceland, but because of what happened to him in California...we have
one mare who does have some skin sensitivities, she was bred in
California...

Where are you going with that statement?  It just is not true.

Storme

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
bargains.