issues are not any worse for this breed than with any other horse. It may
seem so on this list. But saddle fit is discussed a lot on this list only
because we have a good number of member here who are really concerned about
saddle fit and care about the wellbeing of their horses.

That's probably pretty valid.  I DO think that Icelandics are somewhat
harder to fit as a rule because they are generally wide and short-backed,
but I'd say that most horses, all breeds, are still being ridden in
less-than-great fitting saddles.  Saddle fit is a science that only seems to
have started moving forward over maybe the last 10 years or so.

The double-whammy with Icelandic's is that many of the traditional Icelandic
saddles seem to have been especially narrow, and especially long, even
compared to other European made "English"-style saddles, even the ones made
by the well-known names.

2:25 PM

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lOt0.A/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/9ZdxlB/TM

"The greatest enemy of the truth very often is not the lie- deliberate,
contrived and dishonest -- but the myth -- persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic."

"All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer

[] The video every Icelandic Horse owner should have:
http://IceHorses.net/video.html
[] Lee Ziegler  http://leeziegler.com
[] Liz Graves  http://lizgraves.com
[] Lee's Book  Easy Gaited Horses http://tinyurl.com/7vyjo