On 3/11/07, Wanda Lauscher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  And then started another series of pony tails from those by separating
>  the pony tails at the rools.  It created a loose open net effect.  I
>  wish I had pictures.

It's called a continental braid.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Horse_with_plaited_mane.jpg

Not a terribly good job, but you get the idea. It's *simple* to do,
much easier than the traditional braids done on show horses. (I've
been considering show grooming again and practicing braiding, I've
decided it's not worth it!)

Steph
--
"Brutality begins where skill ends."
"Correctly understood, work at the lunge line is indispensable for