>>> The girl who helps us with our disabled kids, reports that her little
brother was having trouble getting his young mare to pick up her feet for
him.  They startyed treating her for offering a foot.  By the end of the
second session, she was willing to pick up as many feet as they wanted as
many times as they wanted.  It does work.

Oooh yeah!  I'm not arguing that it works.  What worries me more is when the
horse not only learns to (in your example) pick up the feet, but suddenly
wants to pick up his/her feet anytime you look at them, or when you need to
bandage a leg or check a pulse.  I think sometimes people get swept up by
the quick results, and don't think enough about where it's going.  And they
don't think enough of their "exit strategy" - how to migrate the clicker
training to other training.

Karen Thomas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]