>>> One of the principles of good horsemanship is that if what you're doing
isn't working, then you so something different.   Since you're so good at
breaking things down, I'd love to hear how you broke this process down into
steps.

Which horse, which time?

Actually, I've talked SO MUCH about how I work with my horses over the past
4 +/- years that I've been on this list.  I went into great detail about how
we started Bjola under saddle.  I sent in countless posts about Tivar's
handling, and Loftur's progress as we rehabbed him, both of those almost in
diary format.  No one sends in more pictures than I do.  I'll bet that no
one else on the list has had more list visitors to their farm (well, except
Robyn and Anneliese and maybe one or two others) than I have.  I put videos
on the 'net now.  I've sent in numerous reports on just about every one of
my horses, including Eitill and Tivar, who are both outstanding horses.
Just this past weekend, I wrote up a detailed report of what we did with
Svertla.  I sent supporting pictures to support my narration.  If anyone
wants to come here and meet my horses, and MAYBE even ride, if you pass our
tests, they are welcome to do so.  I'm an open book and I always have been,
in person and on the list.

So, excuse me if I wonder why you are asking me this - NOW.  In the years
I've been on this list, I think I've been one of the leaders (possibly THE
leader) on this list about giving details on how I do things with my horses.
Right or wrong, I've exposed what we do.  Basic starting-young-horse stuff,
and rehabbing horses, working with babies, trying saddles...  On this
particular subject, I'm feeling a little attacked, especially after Cheryl's
silly post...and that's ok.  I'm no shrinking violet and I can take it.
But, I'm going to turn the tables on you, Mary, since you don't post here
very often.  YOU start a thread on how you do things.  Give us examples,
with details - and I'm talking about nitty-gritty details, not just Maya
Angelou quotes.  Inspiration is fine, but most of us appreciate a little
reality.  I know I do.  I'll participate in a thread you start.  I'll ask
questions and I'm sure others will to.  But, I'm not in the mood to share
any more today, not right now.    It's your turn.

And while we are all into sharing how we deal with training horses, Cheryl,
wouldn't you like to share how you trained your homegrown Raudstjarni?  Or
how you selected his trainers, whichever it was?  Did you use the clicker
with him?

Karen Thomas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]