On 3/19/07, Virginia Tupper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> OK--I confess--I've always wanted cowboy boots but the toes, being so narrow
>  and pointed,  never fit my wide foot.  Then I saw the huge online Salem
>  Saddlery sale with the Ariat Star Babies on sale:

http://www.fryeboots.com/subpages/catalog-detail.asp?sn=77035&[EMAIL
PROTECTED]@[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have these and I have a pair of Campus Boot from Frye. All of the
Frye's I've tried on run wide in the toe, and are much more durable
than Ariats, IMO.

My Campus boot I found on sale for cheap, $50 4 years ago. I saw a
pair on Ebay just like mine (limited edition >bg<) for more than the
NEW price. Can't say that for many other brands. I want a pair of
vintage 1970's Campus boots, but haven't found any. Mine have a
pattern on the shaft, they change the pattern every year. This year
it's a horse design, I'd like to have a pair of those, too. (Note to
self, 14 pairs of boots is enough! You do not need a 15th pair!)

The only drawback if you do get a pair of Frye's is that they take at
least a month to break in, the first month is beyond misery. They're
heavy leather and both of mine rubbed horribly until they had about
300 hours on them. The Campus boot I wear alot and they're my most
comfortable shoes now (5 pairs of Ariat boots/clogs, Dansko boots and
clogs, Birkie clogs, and a fair assortment of high heels). I wore them
to Disneyland last year, and didn't regret it for a minute!

Steph

--
"Brutality begins where skill ends."
"Correctly understood, work at the lunge line is indispensable for