> At this point think I would prefer that my horses do a foxtrot or
> running walk, something smooth, but not so hard on them, of course it
> all depends on what seems natural for them, each one of mine seems to
> have slightly different gaits on the ground and is built differently.

Back to Stella with her natural gait:

http://iceryder.net/gaitstella.html

She's ridden bareback and in halter, on a loose rein, barefoot, so this is her
natural gait.

Can we *make* her tolt?  Can we *train* her to tolt?

Probably.

Would it be OK with her?  I mean, physically, mentally?

Maybe.

Maybe not.

We'd have to see.

What's so wrong with her natural gait that we'd have to make her do
something else?

Judy
http://icehorses.net
http://clickryder.com